Writing with Wisdom Essay Contest
Use a verse, verses, or chapter(s) in the Book of Proverbs to write an essay on ONE of the following topics:
- What are the personal benefits we gain by being generous to others?
- The King James Version mentions the word “froward” 18 times. Would you like to have a “froward” friend?
- Is the advice given on how to become poor and how to become wealthy useful today?
- Essays may be submitted by email or by mail.
- Deadline for essays is April 16, 2014. Mailed essays must be postmarked on or before deadline date.
- Two copies of the essays must be submitted. One copy should have the student's name on each page, the other copy should not have the student's name on it anywhere. The readers who judge the essays will not know who wrote them until after the winning essay is chosen.
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced, and pages must be numbered.
- Essays may not contain footnotes, a bibliography, pictures, drawings or illustrations of any type.
- Essays must be 500 words in length.
- Essays must have a title and must be the original work of the student.
- Winner of the essay will be announced on Sunday, May 18, and will receive a prize of $500.00.
Address: ATTN: Essay Contest
First Baptist Church
600 Governors Drive
Huntsville, AL 35801