First Baptist Church, Huntsville, AL
Saturday, December 10, 2016
Safekeeping Data Security Disclosure
Thank you for your willingness to serve at FBC! First Baptist Huntsville, AL would not be able to have such an effective ministry without the faithful service of individuals like you. We recognize the importance of what you do and the impact you are having for God’s kingdom. I pray that God will continue to give you a passion to serve Him here at First Baptist.
It is our desire that we have the best ministry we can possibly have for our children and students. This will, of course, include ensuring we have the safest ministries possible for our kids. For this reason we are asking all of our current workers to complete the online Leadership Information Form and have a background check completed. It is unfortunate that we need to take such precautions in the church but it is the prudent thing to do. Please know that implementing these checks is not a reflection on any of our current workers – just a necessary precaution.
The Leadership Information Form will be used to check references and contact other places where individuals have served. The background check will include both a Social Security and Criminal records search. The need for the criminal background check is to ensure that all of our workers have been screened and there are no child offenders serving in our ministries. The Social Security check is a secondary check that is used to verify addresses of past places of residence.
All applications and background checks will be reviewed by our Safekeeping Processor, Reta Tumlin in the Finance Office. In our desire to keep your information confidential, we are encouraging everyone who can, to complete the background check form online. By doing this, you will not have to give us this sensitive information and we will not have to secure it.
The company that we are using to do the searches is called Protect My Ministry. To complete the online background check, click here. This will take you to the secure Protect My Ministry web site and allow you to complete the necessary information. See more information about their security and protection of your sensitive data below. If needed, you can pick up a hard copy of the form from Reta Tumlin in the Finance Office but do be aware that she will be entering your data on this online Leadership Information Form as well.
Once the background checks are completed they will be reviewed by Reta and if the check is clear and all references check out then the application will be approved. If there is something on the background check, then Reta will include our Executive Pastor, Jud Reasons for a final decision. All information in the background check will be kept confidential. The only two people who will review the background checks are Reta Tumlin and if needed, Jud Reasons. Once a decision has been made, both the applicant and the ministry they desire to serve in will be notified. All documentation of applications and background checks will then be securely stored.
Thanks again for your faithful service and your willingness to help us ensure the highest quality and safest ministry possible here at First Baptist Church Huntsville, AL. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Reta Tumlin or Jud Reasons in the office at 256-428-9400.
SSL Certificates and Protection-
Protect My Ministry websites including www.ministryopportunities.org have the following SSL Certificates and protection:
Extended Validation Certificates provide the highest level of online assurance for your customers using a process that's standardized across all certification authorities:
• More extensive than any existing SSL vetting process (undertaken by any certification authority).
• Verification of our organization's identity, the validity of our request and the overall legitimacy of our business.
• Browsers also display both the organization name and issuing certification authority.
• 256-bit encryption technology Deluxe SSL Certificate proves that our Web site is a secure place for customers to conduct business. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate enable us to protect transactions and other activity on our Web site with 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
The actual encryption strength on a secure Web site connection enabled by a digital SSL certificate is determined by the level of encryption supported by the site visitor's browser and the server that the Web site resides on. For example, the combination of a Firefox browser and an Apache Web server enables 256-bit AES encryption with our SSL certificates. That means that if your Web site is hosted on a server whose software supports 256-bit encryption — such as Apache —, then site visitors that use a Firefox browser will have their transactions with your site protected by 256-encryption. Thus with the right combination of Web browser and Web server, you can establish a 256-bit encrypted secure connection via an SSL certificate. Encryption strength is measured in key length — number of bits in the key. To decipher an SSL communication, one needs to generate the correct decoding key. Mathematically speaking, 2n possible values exist for an n-bit key. Thus, 40-bit encryption involves 240 possible values, 128-bit encryption 2128 combinations, and 256-bit keys involves a staggering 2256 possible combinations, rendering the encrypted data de facto impervious to intrusion. Even with a brute-force attack (the process of systematically trying all possible combinations until the right one is found) cracking a 256-bit encryption is computationally unfeasible.
Protect My Ministry Data Security and Privacy-
Our Background Check Service and servers are located within the Peak 10 Data Center facility and are monitored/ managed by our personnel locally and remotely.
• Your online ordering system and data is housed on our servers in a 25,000 sq ft concrete Data Center which has Level 5 physical Security and cyber security
• You never have to worry about our systems going down
• Backups are performed for data and programs twice, daily
• All updates or fixes are handled proactively by detecting and examining error logs
• Our facility has redundant power, UPS and Generators
• Our facility has 3 ISPs, Time Warner, XO Communications (SBC) and ATT (for redundancy)
• Our Firewall, Fort iGATE, is a redundant and PCI Compliant Unit
• Our facility is manned 24/7/365
• We have a real-time performance and reliability monitoring for your site once you come on board
Protect My Ministry Data Center Infrastructure-
Facility Facts -
Each Peak 10 facility is engineered with a minimum of five levels of security:
• Level 1: Proximity card access with PIN is required to enter the building. You are not yet in the data center.
• Level 2: Proximity card access with Biometric (fingerprint) scan is required to enter the data center.
• Level 3: All hardware is secured in a locked cage or steel mesh cabinets fitted with combination locks.
• Level 4: Video surveillance cameras are placed throughout the facility and monitored by on-site staff 24x7x365.
• Level 5: Strategically placed vibration detection devices alert Peak 10 personnel of any motion.
Each Peak 10 data center is engineered with an uninterruptible power system and backup generator to deliver seamless power. In the event of a commercial power failure, our isolated UPS system will provide immediate backup power until our diesel generators take over the load and continue operation of the center.
Peak 10 utilizes best-in-class environmental units to control and monitor the temperature and humidity in each data center facility. Our redundant HVAC system keeps the average temperature in each data center at 70 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure a consistent operating atmosphere for your mission critical technology infrastructure.
Peak 10 data centers utilize dry-fire suppression systems that can be deployed manually, or by a sequence of three failures anywhere in a data center zone. Each Peak 10 facility is also fully equipped with smoke and heat detection sensors as well as fire doors and handheld gas-based fire extinguishers.
Other Facility Facts
• Custom-sized Private Cages, Single or Half Cabinets
• AC Power (20-100A 110-208V, Multi-Phase, Custom)
• 24x7 Customer Access with 24 hour staff and security
• Customer Work Stations with Phone and Internet Access
Data Center Physical Location is Charlotte