Pastor Search Committee
Your committee is at work! In these first days, we have elected officers and established a regular time and place to meet. In addition to chairman, we elected Larry Moore as vice-chairman, Amanda Ponder as recording secretary, and Diane Singer as prayer coordinator. The other members are Elaine Dickson, Gaines Gravlee, Zach Hamm, Pat Lewallen, and Jerry Miller. Each committee member brings an important and different perspective to the group and will share equally in its work. We are aware of the awesome task before us, but we also recognize that God already knows the outcome of our efforts. We are determined to follow His leadership throughout this process.
How can you help? Several of you are part of prayer groups that are making commitments to pray during this journey. Others will support us through their individual prayers. Your role as a prayer partner is critical, so please be faithful. The church has decided to initiate a visioning process during this interim time. An important part of the committee's work is determining where we see God leading FBC over the next decade. The congregation will play a major role as we seek to determine where God is at work in our field of service. Please participate in the "congregational conversations" that you will hear about in coming days.
We have set up a confidential email address (email@example.com). You may use this email address to provide any information you wish to send us including names of prospective candidates.
These are exciting days as we look with great anticipation towards the future. God has richly blessed FBC during its 205 years of ministry. May His blessings continue as we seek our 41st pastor.
Chairman, Pastor Search Committee
From the FBC Huntsville 2014 Transition Plan....
PASTORAL SEARCH COMMITTEE:
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Pastoral Search Committee is charged with the following:
(1) To recommend to the congregation a prospective pastor, and to report regularly (at least monthly) to the church on its progress.
(2) To involve input from the congregation to obtain an indication of the qualities and characteristics desired in the next pastor.
(3) To invite consultation and advice from the FBC staff advisors, Jud Reasons and Billy Orton, and to keep the staff informed of the progress of the search.
(4) To invite consultation and advice from the Personnel Committee and the Finance Committee concerning guidelines for salary and benefits.
(5) To invite consultation and advice from appropriate resources in Baptist life.
(6) To assist the new pastor in the transition to First Baptist Huntsville and continue to serve for six months after the new pastor arrives.