Prayer is our time of fellowship with God. It builds our relationship with our Heavenly Father and prepares us for His work. At First Baptist, there are many opportunities for participation in the Prayer Ministry.
Prayer also is an opportunity to lift other people's needs to God. First Baptist provides opportunities for you to request intercessory prayer.
Prayer Request Card
A place for you to write prayer requests is located on the back of the First Baptist Commitment Cards in the pew racks in the Sanctuary. You may place your card in the offering plate as it is passed during the Sunday morning worship service. If you may also do this online www.fbchsv.org/hospital or www.fbchsv.org/sympathy
First Baptist Church Office - 256-428-9400
You may call First Baptist Church to request prayer for health matters, hospital stays, deaths, or births. Your request will be handled as you desire, such as placing a name on the hospital list or the prayer list distributed during Wednesday evening services and in the Prayer Room.
Deacon Prayer Ministry Team
Recognizing the importance of God's presence, direction, guidance, and intervention across the full spectrum of church activities and the Christian life, the Deacon Prayer Ministry Team's focus is to provide active prayer support for the congregation and staff.
Although Deacon led and supported, the Prayer Ministry team is open to anyone in the congregation who would like to participate. We are always seeking to develop more ways to involve the congregation in prayer.
How Can I Participate in the FBC Prayer Ministry?
Is God calling you to participate in prayer through organized groups, teams, or activities? First Baptist offers many opportunities to intercede for others and to let others know that you are praying for them. To volunteer for any of these groups, please contact the church office and we will help you to make a connection with the leader of that group.
• Prayer Cards – Each week, a group of volunteers meets to write a note of encouragement or support to those who have requested prayer. A prayer for the recipient of the card is given before the card is mailed.
• Prayer Room – The prayer room is open when the building is open for times of prayer. This beautiful room with stained glass windows is located on the main floor, between the East Entrance and the Library. There a Bible, a list of prayer requests, chairs and kneeling bench for anyone who would like to pray here.
• Sunday Morning Intercessors – Each Sunday morning, 2 persons pray together, on a rotating basis, during each Sunday morning worship service.
• Tuesday Morning Intercessors -- This morning prayer group meets at 7am at the church to pray for internal FBC needs and external needs of the community.
• Prayer Partners (WMU) –This WMU group prays for missionaries, mission efforts, and other needs. Their prayers help to link our congregation with mission efforts around the world. These women meet the 2nd Monday in the Church Parlor - 9:00 am.
• Moms in Prayer (formerly Moms in Touch) – Moms in Prayer, a National Organization, meets at our church. These moms meet regularly to pray for their children, their schools, their teachers and administrators.